Safety Process Engineer
Education, Credentials, Licenses:
- Bachelors degree in engineering or related field
- At least 2-5 years experience in HS&E Compliance
- Ability to conduct Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) and Hazard and Operability Studies (HAZOP)
- Self motivated and a team player
- High level of oral and written communication and training skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office applications
- Ability to interact with employees at all levels within the organization
- Attention to detail
Kind & Length of Experience:
- 5 years experience in manufacturing environment
IV. PERFORMANCE MEASURES AND STANDARDS
- Support the HS&E department to meet the company’s overall HS&E and business goals.
- Provide subject matter expertise and technical guidance in the areas of OSHA PSM and EPA RMP.
- Lead process hazard analysis (PHA), Combustible Dust Assessments, Job Safety Analysis and Risk Assessments to ensure process hazards are identified and verify that appropriate prevention and/or mitigation layers are installed/implemented.
- Develops and implements management systems, procedures and process improvements as needed to ensure continuous improvement.
- Contribute and assist in the oversight of the mechanical integrity program.
- Lead incident investigation and analysis (root cause analysis) team and weekly safety committee meetings.
- Provide technical review of all proposed projects to understand and plan for potential implications.
- Develop and execute training associated with process safety and risk management.