Position Title: Financial Analyst
Supervisor: Chief Financial Officer Date Completed: 9/6/2017
Department: FINACCT FLSA Classification: Exempt
Location(s): River Road Status: Full-time
II. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES (SUMMARY)
Reporting directly to the CFO the Financial Analyst is responsible for analyzing financial information, preparing financial reports and driving improved visibility to KPI’s across the company. This position is responsible for providing management with accurate information in the areas of costs, budgets, payroll, forecasting, and any other adhoc reporting requested.
III. POSITION REQUIREMENTS
Education, Credentials, Licenses:
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related discipline or equivalent combination of experience and education.
Kind & Length of Experience:
- 10 years in a finance or accounting role.
- Manufacturing / Cost Accounting experience preferred
- Must have competent skills in Microsoft Office Software especially excel.
- Must have excellent verbal skills
- Experience with BI tools such as Targit or Power BI are a plus
IV. PERFORMANCE MEASURES AND STANDARDS
- Drive improved visibility in Key Performance Indicator (KPI’s) across the company.
- Work with Plant Managers & Product Manager to implement and drive KPI achievement
- Assist in compiling the annual budgets and forecast required to HQ
- Be prepared to offer insights and recommendations to management based on analysis and interpretation of financial accounting data.
- Summarize current financial information and prepare reports as directed.
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice.
- Process accounting transactions within the accounting software accurately and in a timely manner in accordance with GAAP.
- Substantiate financial transactions by auditing source documents.
- Monitor and assess the Company’s internal controls structure and recommend policies and procedures that enhance the integrity of the accounting systems and safeguarding of physical assets.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts by analyzing source documents and related account information.
- Exercise due diligence and adherence to all internal control procedures.
- Responsible for accurate and timely processing of requisitions, purchase orders and receiving activities.
- Safeguard Confidential information regarding all company affairs.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Support the annual financial audit or bank audit.
- In your absence you are to ensure that the tasks assigned to you are adequately covered by trained personnel. You are responsible to communicate and work with your manager to ensure your workload is covered when you are out.
- Allocate resources to achieve goals, objectives and programs
- Support efforts to implement and maintain the RC14001/EHS&S management system;
- Conform with the EHS&S Policy and the Cardinal Rules;
- Maintaining a safe and secure workplace and meet environmental site requirements;
- Support the EHS&S objectives and targets, and any specific action plans or management programs assigned;
- Understand the EHS&S risks and impacts of the employee’s job and functional area, including appropriate controls and procedures;
- Understand the EHS&S impacts/consequence that could result if specified procedures are not followed;
- Report accidents and incidents to a supervisor or the EHS&S department;
- Participate in required EHS&S training.
- Other duties as required
Peter Cremer Training Required
- We will follow the company written training program for this position.
Customer Service, Teamwork & Code of Conduct
- Maintain a safe, legal and environmentally protective operation
- Listen to our customers, suppliers and employees
- Respond quickly to customer concerns
- Follow set guidelines for GMP, quality and food safety requirements
- Maintain training on applicable procedures in quality, GMP, and food safety
- Report any food safety, security, and / or quality issues to management or the HACCP team to initiate action
- Provide flexible and innovative strategies to support new business opportunities
- Be cost effective in the utilization of our resources, thereby contributing to the profitability of Peter Cremer North America, LP and our customers
- Strive for continued improvement
- Willing and eagerness to learn
- Maintain positive “Can Do” attitude