Production Planner - Fri - Mon
- PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES (SUMMARY)
Reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer/President the Production Planner is responsible for coordinating and expediting the flow of work and materials within or between departments of an establishment according to production schedule. Duties include reviewing and distributing production, work, and shipment schedules; conferring with department supervisors to determine progress of work and completion dates; and compiling reports on progress of work, inventory levels, costs, and production problems.
Responsibilities and Duties
PERFORMANCE MEASURES AND STANDARDS
- Examine documents, materials, or products and monitor work processes to assess completeness, accuracy, and conformance to standards and specifications.
- Review documents, such as production schedules, work orders, or staffing tables, to determine personnel or materials requirements or material priorities.
- Confer with department supervisors or other personnel to assess progress and discuss needed changes.
- Revise production schedules when required due to design changes, labor or material shortages, backlogs, or other interruptions, collaborating with management, marketing, sales, production, or engineering.
- Confer with establishment personnel, vendors, or customers to coordinate production or shipping activities and to resolve complaints or eliminate delays.
- Record production data, including volume produced, consumption of raw materials, or quality control measures.
- Requisition and maintain inventories of materials or supplies necessary to meet production demands.
- Calculate figures, such as required amounts of labor or materials, manufacturing costs, or wages, using pricing schedules, adding machines, calculators, or computers.
- Distribute production schedules or work orders to departments.
- Compile information, such as production rates and progress, materials inventories, materials used, or customer information, so that status reports can be completed.
- In your absence you are to ensure that the tasks assigned to you are adequately covered by trained personnel. You are responsible to communicate and work with your manager to ensure your workload is covered when you are out.
- Support efforts to implement and maintain the RC14001/EHS&S management system;
- Conform with the EHS&S Policy and the Cardinal Rules;
- Maintaining a safe and secure workplace and meet environmental site requirements;
- Support the EHS&S objectives and targets, and any specific action plans or management programs assigned;
- Understand the EHS&S risks and impacts of the employee’s job and functional area, including appropriate controls and procedures;
- Understand the EHS&S impacts/consequence that could result if specified procedures are not followed;
- Report accidents and incidents to a supervisor or the EHS&S department;
- Participate in required EHS&S training.
- Other duties as required
Qualifications and Skills
Education, Credentials, Licenses:
Associates degree or equivalent combination of experience and education.
Kind& Length of Experience:
3 to 5 years in production and customer service.
Must have competent skills in Microsoft Office Software.