The Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible to improve performance using a wide range of performance measures utilizing tools such as Lean and Six Sigma. The Manufacturing Engineer will be adept at applying technical skills to correct quality errors and resolve manufacturing roadblocks. This person will be able to drive low cost and high quality production.
- Lead and develop improvement opportunities such as Six Sigma/Lean projects and other quality-related items.
- Develop requirements based on customer requirements and identify critical-to-quality product and process items
- Understand and applies skills in process control technology to increase plant asset utilization and produce quality products at a low cost
- Create, interpret, and report analytical data
- Proactively address quality problems.
- Lead troubleshooting efforts using root cause analysis techniques to drive performance and avoid recurring issues.
- Lead major process improvement and cost savings projects using Lean techniques
- Ability to lead continuous process improvement events and evaluate continuous improvement opportunities to obtain optimal result
Critical Competencies, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proven project management experience
- Experience driving business improvements utilizing Lean methodologies
- E & I experience preferred
- Automated packaging line experience preferred
- Validation experience required
- Experience optimizing automated systems and equipment required
- Root cause analysis experience
- High levels of drive, initiative, and interpersonal skills
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree with 5-10 years’ experience in Operations or Engineering
- Minimum of 3 years in a manufacturing environment is required
- Experience with project management