Reporting directly to the Operations and Engineering Manager, the process engineer is responsible for designing and maintaining reliable and safe production systems while improving production rates, efficiencies, yields, cost and reducing down time. The Process Engineer is driven to identify, develop and deliver innovative solutions, constantly improve process capability and production volume while maintaining and improving quality standards.
Education, Credentials, Licenses:
B.A or B.S. in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent combination of experience and education.
Kind & Length of Experience:
1 to 3 years of professional engineering experience in a manufacturing or production setting.
PERFORMANCE MEASURES AND STANDARDS
- Identify design and create detailed specifications for equipment and other production related processes or methods.
- Create process flow diagrams, CAD drawings.
- Collect, transcribe and record production data.
- Manage process improvement initiatives and design projects.
- Deliver projects on time and within agreed upon budget requirements.
- Review the EHS&S impacts of capital projects;
- Participate in contractor qualification for capital projects, including appropriate RC14001/EHS&S considerations;
- Initiate Management of Change (MOC) per requirements;
- Follow the hierarchy of controls for risk management;
- Conduct training, coordinate communication and update/develop documentation prior to process implementation; and
- Develop engineering specifications that include appropriate EHS&S considerations.
- Support efforts to implement and maintain the RC14001/EHS&S management system;
- Conform with the EHS&S Policy and the Cardinal Rules;
- Maintaining a safe and secure workplace and meet environmental site requirements;
- Support the EHS&S objectives and targets, and any specific action plans or management programs assigned;
- Understand the EHS&S risks and impacts of the employee’s job and functional area, including appropriate controls and procedures;
- Understand the EHS&S impacts/consequence that could result if specified procedures are not followed;
- Report accidents and incidents to a supervisor or the EHS&S department;
- Participate in required EHS&S training.
- Other duties as assigned.
HACCP Membership Responsibilities
· Selected by management
· Complete a HACCP training course
· Understand and apply the 7 Principles of HAACP
· Maintain a HACCP manual
· Develop, implement, and maintain the HACCP program within PCNA for food, cosmetic, and pharmaceutical applications
· React, investigate, and implement corrective actions to any issue that is brought to attention that would be impact the quality and safety of the products listed under the HAACP program
· Attend month HACCP meetings
· Review Management of Change documents as it relates to the area of expertise within the HAACP team
· Participate as an internal auditor for prerequisite programs and HACCP processes
· In the absence of this person, the supervisor is responsible for ensuring functions are completed as necessary to maintain the safety and quality of product.
· In your absence you are to ensure that the tasks assigned to you are adequately covered by trained personnel. You are responsible to communicate and work with your manager to ensure your workload is covered when you are out.
· Other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a safe, legal and environmentally protective operation
- Listen to our customers, suppliers and employees
- Respond quickly to customer concerns
- Follow set guidelines for GMP, quality and food safety requirements
- Maintain training on applicable procedures in quality, GMP, and food safety
- Report any food safety, security, and / or quality issues to management or the HACCP team to initiate action
- Provide flexible and innovative strategies to support new business opportunities
- Be cost effective in the utilization of our resources, thereby contributing to the profitability of Peter Cremer North America, LP and our customers
- Strive for continued improvement
- Willing and eagerness to learn
Maintain positive “Can Do” attitude