At Cremer North America, we’re committed to responsible operations in two important ways: as an integral part of our everyday business, and as a focus for continuous innovation. This commitment drives us to set our own standards for environmental health and safety (EHS), fully participate in industry initiatives, and often surpass what is required to earn responsible business practice certifications.
Our sustainable EHS practices truly are a rewarding part of what we do. With every adjustment we make to improve, we gain a more sophisticated understanding of just how much impact caring practices have on our employees, local community and the world.
HSE Pledge and Practices
We take our corporate pledge to protect health, safety and the environment (HSE) seriously. This means vigilantly reducing waste and consumption within our supply chain, volunteering resources for pollution control in our local community, and providing our employees with a safe, clean workplace. We stand by these practices, as they are essential to Cremer philosophy for maintaining efficiency, progress, and the future success of our business and planet.
American Chemistry Council Initiative
Responsible Care® is the American Chemical Council’s (ACC) global initiative to advance health, safety, security and environmental performance. The ACC is a leader in the chemical industry, providing us with a valuable opportunity to deepen public trust in completing our mission to improve quality of life, caring for today’s generation and future generations to come.
Cremer has earned certification in the ACC’s Responsible Care Management System and ISO 14001, including a CEO-level commitment to uphold all program elements. As an ACC member, we also follow transparent reporting practices regarding progress towards Responsible Care goals and stay true to the ACC’s guiding principles. Those principles incorporate the following:
- To lead in ethical ways that increasingly benefit society, the economy and the environment.
- To design and develop products that can be manufactured, transported, used and disposed of or recycled safely.
- To work with customers, carriers, suppliers, distributors and contractors to foster the safe and secure use, transport and disposal of chemicals and provide hazard and risk information that can be accessed and applied in their operations and products.
- To design and operate facilities in a safe, secure and environmentally sound manner.
- To instill a culture throughout all levels of the organizations to continually identify, reduce and manage process safety risks.
- To promote pollution prevention, minimization of waste and conservation of energy and other critical resources at every stage of the life cycle of products.
- To cooperate with governments at all levels and organizations in the development of effective and efficient safety, health, environmental and security laws, regulations and standards.
- To support education and research on the health, safety, environmental effects and security of products and processes.
- To communicate product, service and process risks to stakeholders and listen to and consider their perspectives.
- To make continual progress toward a goal of no accidents, injuries or harm to human health and the environment from products and operations and openly report health, safety, environmental and security performance.
- To seek continual improvement in the integrated Responsible Care Management System® to address environmental, health, safety and security performance.
- To promote Responsible Care by encouraging and assisting other companies to adhere to these Guiding Principles.